About Us - Welcome to the Museum Built Just for Kids!
Kids 'N' Stuff is an interactive children's museum where fun and learning come together every day. We're a friendly non-profit organization open to the general public throughout most of the year (see schedule). Your child will enjoy more than 30 interactive exhibits and activities.
Founded in 2002 by Rebecca Mitchell, Kids 'N' Stuff is conveniently located in downtown Albion, Michigan, just a short drive from Battle Creek, Jackson, Hillsdale and many other Michigan communities. Today, we're the only children's museum within a 60-mile radius (see map).
Related links: Mission Statement | Curriculum | Staff and Board of Directors
The emphasis at Kids 'N' Stuff is on interactive play and learning, particularly for children ages 0-10.
We offer an environment that is safe for children to wander from station to station and exhibit to exhibit
(see photos). Some of our most popular activity areas include the following:
- A fully functional supermarket with grocery boxes, coolers, checkout lanes,
shopping carts and working cash registers
- A sloping water table where kids can rearrange to create raceways for floating
- A music room with actual musical instruments appropriate to this age group
- A climbing wall with multiple routes to the top and abundant safety padding
- An international village with several “houses” representing the cultures and traditions
of many different nations
- An open play area with giant toys, model truck and many hands-on exhibits
- A family resource area with books, magazines and special seating for parents with
- A veterinary clinic with stuffed animals as the animals to be cared for
- A drama stage complete with curtains, costumes and props
- A large arts and crafts room with abundant supplies and activities
- A health and wellness area sponsored by Oaklawn Hospital
- A post office station with delivery equipment and costumes
Kids 'N' Stuff Children's Museum is very affordable. Admission is just $5 for children over the age of 1 and adults. You may buy tickets online or at the door. We accept cash, Visa , Discover and MasterCard. Special discount offers and memberships are also available (read more). Most parents agree it's one of the best values anywhere in southern Michigan!
Free visitor parking is available behind the museum (see map); some parking is also available in front of the museum on Superior Street. For those who live in Albion, we can be easily reached by car, bicycle or foot. Nearby attractions include the beautiful Albion Public Library, riverfront walk, Victorian-style homes and nationally respected Albion College.
Families that enjoy the outdoors can combine their trip to Kids 'N' Stuff with a trip to one of 17 public parks in the Albion area. In fact, Albion has more parks per capita than any other city in the country. Bike paths, walking paths and even a canoe launch are open to all (see map).
Volunteers are always needed. For information about volunteer opportunities, please click here now.
For the most current annual report, please click here.
To learn more about Kids 'N' Stuff Children's Museum, please explore the other helpful pages on this website now or call us at (517) 629-8023. Welcome to Kids 'N' Stuff!
Related links: Mission Statement | Philosophy | Curriculum | Staff and Board of Directors